Shoe Sales Associate
Do you have a passion for shoes and personalized service? Join our Shoe Sales Team and help achieve the goal to find the perfect shoes for every customer!
Our Shoe Sales Associates help our customers determine type and quality of merchandise, make suggestions and maintain the shoe department’s visual presentations.
We’ll value your:
•Passion for shoes
•Ability to make a great, positive, long lasting first impression
•Excellent interpersonal skills
•Strong customer service and selling techniques
•Previous shoe and/or commissioned sales experience preferred
•Prior experience with Point of Sales (POS) preferred
Compensation for this position is a Draw commission structure.
Schedules include a variety of day, evening and weekend hours.
This role also involves completing cash register transactions as well as providing customer carry-out service. You will ensure that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the highest quality care and are maintained in habitats that are clean, safe and secure. You will also perform routine housekeeping tasks, assist store management in the opening/closing of the store and participate in physical inventory counts.
To ensure the achievement of a given store's budgeted sales goals by assisting customers in the proper selection of merchandise in accordance with their specific needs. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks which are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks, most questions are referred to the Assistant Manager, Assistant Store Manager or General Manager.
1. Provide quick and courteous service to all Petco customers by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise to satisfy them, and by effectively employing suggestive selling techniques to increase individual sales.
2. Complete cash register transactions as well as customer carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip.
3. Assist in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
4. Ensure that store animals, birds, reptiles and fish receive the highest quality care, are maintained in habitats that are clean, safe and secure and that all reasonable and required steps are taken to maintain their good health. Alert store management immediately if any animal, reptile, bird or fish is abused, in need of medical attention or other special care.
5. Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, etc.
6. Assist store management in the opening/closing of the store as needed, to include the accurate completion of required paperwork.
7. Participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
8. Adhere to and promote established safety and loss prevention procedures.
9. Special projects as assigned.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require that an employee leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury resulting from improper procedures.'
• Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
• Interest in animal welfare
• Basic math skills
• Move merchandise up to 50 pounds
While a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is generally preferred, an applicant must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency and above average communication skills.
the SHOE DEPT.
Part-time Sales Associate
Now Hiring Part-time Sales Associate
Must be 21 or over and be able to work a flexible work shift including evenings and weekends.
Please apply in store.